Learning does not only occur through teacher directed studies such as math, reading, and science. We believe children's most meaningful and influential learning occurs through day-to-day routines. We believe by providing learning experiences in which a child can attempt new tasks on their own is an excellent way to help them learn and develop. Melody Lane Children’s Center provides a variety of developmentally appropriate learning activities for children to achieve the following goals:
- --Develop socially, intellectually, physically, creatively and emotionally
- --Increase children's self-awareness and self-esteem
- --Encourage youth to express themselves in non-programmed, imaginative ways...
- --We want to encourage children to ask questions and to talk to each other
- --Help develop an
- "I can" & “Let me try” Attitude
- --Strengthen small and large motor skills and coordination
- --Reinforce children's skills in using words effectively in their primary and secondary language
- --Respect social and cultural diversities
- --Provide exercises to increase children’s thinking and intellectual abilities
- We believe that the teacher acts as a guide and
- facilitator in achieving all of these goals.